Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

February 17, 2018

Book Review: Dragonflight (Dragonriders of Pern #1) by Anne McCaffrey

Dragonflight (Dragonriders of Pern #1) by Anne McCaffrey

Dragonflight (Dragonriders of Pern #1) by Anne McCaffrey
HOW CAN ONE GIRL SAVE AN ENTIRE WORLD?

To the nobles who live in Benden Weyr, Lessa is nothing but a ragged kitchen girl. For most of her life she has survived by serving those who betrayed her father and took over his lands. Now the time has come for Lessa to shed her disguise—and take back her stolen birthright.

But everything changes when she meets a queen dragon. The bond they share will be deep and last forever. It will protect them when, for the first time in centuries, Lessa’s world is threatened by Thread, an evil substance that falls like rain and destroys everything it touches. Dragons and their Riders once protected the planet from Thread, but there are very few of them left these days. Now brave Lessa must risk her life, and the life of her beloved dragon, to save her beautiful world. . . .
Wow, I loved this book. It was a nice surprise, since the first pages were really confusing. New words as weyr, wher and many weird names, and the story starting in this new world as if I already new how it was, as if I wasn't reading the first book of the series. But after those first pages, I enjoyed an incredible and fantastic story, with powerful dragons, fights and conspirators.

It has been a while since I didn't devour a book so fast, I read it in 3 days and because I was busy with work. I really liked the characters, specially the protagonists Lessa and F'lar. Lessa is very stubborn and even sometimes a little bit childish, but I loved that she was like that and made everything she proposed happen. Also, she wasn't scared of the dragon riders as F'lar, who was much more mature and responsible but also found a weakness in her. Their relationship isn't perfect, specially at the beginning when it was too controlling.

Dragon
Dragon by ameeeeba
It was first published in 1968 and since then many dragon's stories share some of these dragons. These dragons are amazing, I love dragons and these are powerful and wise, and I really liked the whole Pern history, I thought it was original, a little of science fiction with fantasy.

Although I read it fast, it's a story that you have to be careful while reading, specially because time passes between chapters. But I can't wait to read the second of the series: Dragonquest.

No comments:

Post a Comment