Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

April 7, 2012

Book Review: Oracle's Moon (Elder Races #4) by Thea Harrison

Title: Oracle's Moon
Author: Thea Harrison
Series: Elder Races #4
Release Date: March 6th 2012
Publisher: Berkley
Age: Adult
As a second daughter, Grace Andreas never had to worry about the intrigues of the Elder Races. But when her sister, Petra, and Petra’s husband are both killed, Grace inherits the Power and responsibilities of the Oracle of Louisville, as well as her sister’s two young children – neither of which she is prepared for.

Yet, she is not alone. Khalil, Demonkind and Djinn prince of House Marid – driven by his genuine caring for the children – has decided to make himself a part of the household both as their guardian and as an exasperating counterpoint to Grace’s impudence toward the Elder Races.

But when an attempt is made on Grace’s life, she realizes that Khalil is the only one who can protect her – and offer her more than a mortal man…
Oracle's Moon is the fourth book from the Elder Races series, and it's one of my favorites!

Grace Andreas wasn't supposed to be the Oracle, but when her sister died in a car accident, the Power goes to her. Also, she now has a bad knee and she has to take care of her two nephews, both very young, and with no money.

So when Khalil, Demonkind and Djinn prince of House Marid, decides her children need his protection, she's not very happy. Why would she trust him?

I loved Grace and Khalil. Grace is twenty something but very mature, and makes everything it's on her hands to take care of the children. Khalil is very old, but he was captivated by this young human, who is about to crumble, and the children, who are, for him, very fragile and remind him of his own daughter.

Their romance wasn't rushed. Their attraction wasn't instantly, and little by little Khalil started entering their lives and sharing everything with the kids and Grace. The kids were absolutely cute, and I think Khalil stole my heart when he made a promise to keep them safe...specially because being a Djinn, he's mostly disconnected with the human world.

Grace is one of my favorite heroines. I kind of connected with her, because of the age and her actions. She did most of the things I'd have done in her case, and I always like an intelligent protagonist.

There was a little bit of mystery about her sister's accident and Grace's Powers, but I was more interested about the Djinns, they are so different, I'm curious.

Overall, Oracle's Moon is one of my favorites books read this year. I really enjoyed the romance and I'm glad I decided to continue this series...it's getting better and better!

What do you think? Aren't you curious about Djinns?


3 comments:

  1. I really really liked this one :) A great story, and it seemed a little bit better than the last one, didn't it? I liked Grace - and how she wasn't perfect but still an amazing heroine. Khalil was so intense :)

    Great review!

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series and your review has me curious, going to ck out book one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Now I want to read the whole series even more. : O

    ReplyDelete