Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

February 28, 2012

Book Review: Redwood Bend by Robyn Carr

Redwood Bend by Robyn Carr
Author: Robyn Carr
Series: Virgin River #18
Release Date: February 28th 2012
Publisher: Mira
Katie Malone and her twin boys' trip along the beautiful mountain roads to Virgin River is stopped short by a tire as flat as her failed romance. To make matters worse, the rain has set in, the boys are hungry and Katie is having trouble putting on a spare. As she stands at the side of the road pondering her next move, she hears a distinct rumble. The sight of the sexy, leather-clad bikers who pull up beside her puts her imagination into overdrive.
Dylan Childress and his buddies are on the motorcycle trip of a lifetime. But the sight of a woman in distress stops them in their tracks. And while the guys are checking out her car, she and Dylan are checking out one another.
In one brief moment, the world tilts on its axis and any previous plans Katie and Dylan might have had for their futures are left at the side of the road.
I know Robyn Carr is a very popular contemporary romance writer, so when I had the opportunity to read one of her books from the Virgin River series, I was very excited.

I think it's always difficult to write a romance about a widow...specially if she has kids and her husband was practically perfect. I always want the characters to connect and have a beautiful romance, but also I want the guy to have a good relationship with the kids. In this case, I wanted to read more about the twins and Dylan together...they liked and accepted each other, but there was something missing.

But I still enjoyed it. Dylan was a great guy, even when he had troubles with commitment and Katie was very sweet and caring, but she was so hard to get! The romance was very sweet and had a couple of hot moments, and they were many obstacles to overcome. Dylan was the character I was most interested, he was a teenager actor and now he has his own business. I'm not sure what Katie does for living, except taking care of her kids.... Also, Katie's brother was sort of funny to read.

Overall, Redwood Bend is a light and sweet story about making decisions, commitment, second chances. It's easy to read, and if you want to read a story with a HEA ending, this one is for you.


More about this book at www.robyncarr.comGoodreadsAmazon, The Book Depository.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure why i have never picked up a Robyn Carr novel, but am seeing numerous posts and reviews about them, so maybe will need to find one. Every once in awhile, after reading suspense, i need a HEA. Great post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, it does sound interesting and definitely hard to pull off, writing a romance about a widow! (I just wrote window... which of course would be hard to pull off as well ;o Lol)

    I admit I'm quite curious! Not sure if it would be something for me, but you have me wanting to look into it some more:) Great review!

    ReplyDelete