Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

August 22, 2011

Book Review: Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

Title: Dragon Bound
Author: Thea Harrison
Series: Elder Races #1
Release Date: May 3rd, 2011
Publisher: Berkley
Age: Adult
Half-human and half-wyr, Pia Giovanni spent her life keeping a low profile among the wyrkind and avoiding the continuing conflict between them and their Dark Fae enemies. But after being blackmailed into stealing a coin from the hoard of a dragon, Pia finds herself targeted by one of the most powerful–and passionate—of the Elder Races.

As the most feared and respected of the wyrkind, Dragos Cuelebre cannot believe someone had the audacity to steal from him, much less succeed. And when he catches the thief, Dragos spares her life, claiming her as his own to further explore the desire they’ve ignited in one another.
Dragon Bound is the story of Pia, a half human woman who has lived all her life avoiding other wyr and never letting anyone know who she really is. But she made a mistake and is blackmailed  into stealing something from the hoard of a dragon, specifically the most feared dragon, Dragos Cuelebre.

The story starts with Pia, who has succeeded in stealing from Dragos and is running for her life. It's not too long until Dragos realizes he has been robbed, and starts searching for his thief. But he wasn't expecting a delicate and strange half-wyr woman.

Pia was fun. I liked that she was in trouble but always tried to save her life. Even when she knew it was impossible to run from Dragos. She's brave and very independent, and she has a secret that nobody has to know.

Dragos was the typical alpha male. I liked him only because he was a dragon, and the strongest, oldest and most feared wyr. Also, he's a millionaire. What's not to like about him? Of course he has a sweet side, one that not even him knew he had, and when he met Pia, he knows he doesn't want to kill her but explore her.

I liked the story. It's full of different characters, and all of them with a distinctive personality. It has a lot of unexpected turns and I wasn't sure what was going to happen to Pia and Dragos. But it was obvious they were attracted to each other, and the romance between them was hot!

But there were moments I couldn't help feeling the characters were a little bit ridiculous. For example, I felt like Dragos, who was feared by everyone, changed too much his personality. I always expect changes in the characters when they fall in love, but I thought like he was a different person.

Overall, I think the Elder Races is going to be a series I'll enjoy. Although this book wasn't a favorite to me, I enjoy it and I can't wait to read Storm's Heart.


1 comment:

  1. I'm starting to see more dragon books. Do you think this is a new trend? I'm thinking I'll start with Flying Blind!

    ReplyDelete