Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

July 25, 2010

Review: The Little Prince Graphic Novel by Antonie De Saint-Exupéry & Joann Sfar

Title: The Little Prince
Author: Antonie De Saint-Exupéry
Illustrator: Joann Sfar
Release Date: October 18th 2010
Publisher: HMH Books
Pages: 112
ISBN: 0547338023 (isbn13: 9780547338026)
Age: All.
Summary from goodreads.com:
For over sixty-five years Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's The Little Prince has captured the hearts and minds of its readers. The whimsical story with a fairy tale touch has sold over 80 million copies in 230 languages. This exciting graphic adaptation features beautiful, new artwork by Joann Sfar. Hand-chosen by Saint-Exupéry's French publishers for his literary style and sensitivity to the original, Sfar has endeavored to recreate this beloved story, both honoring the original and stretching it to new heights. A vibrant, visual gift for longtime fans and those experiencing the story for the first time.
The Little Prince is one of my favorite books. The first time I read it I was a kid, and since that moment every few years I re-read it, and every time I learn something more/different.

It's impossible to me to describe or review this book. There are things I still don't understand. The Little Prince is a little boy trying to understand grown ups, and all of his reflections made me stop reading and ponder about it. I guess you have to be really open minded and have a lot of imagination to relate this book to the world and the society we are living in.

I'm not used to read graphics novels, except for manga, but this one was great. The drawings are very good, but I'm not sure if little kids are going to like it. Maybe it's better for middle grade. Sometimes it was confusing which side should I read first, but because I already knew the story, it was easy for me to continue.

It is a book that children should read with their parents, for better understanding. And if you aren't comfortable with your kids reading about death, this is not your book.

Very short and easy to read, it's a classic for all ages you shouldn't miss.

Rating: 

More about this book at www.joannsfar.com | Amazon | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment