Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

July 13, 2010

Book Review: The Clearing by Heather Davis

The Clearing by Heather Davis
The Clearing
Author: Heather Davis
Release Date: April 12th, 2010
Publisher: Graphia
Age: Young Adult
Amy, a sixteen-year-old recovering from an abusive relationship, moves to the country to start a new life with her aunt–all she wants is for everything to be different. In the clearing at the back of Aunt Mae’s property, she makes an amazing discovery—Henry, a boy stuck in the endless summer of 1944. Henry and his world become Amy’s refuge and she begins to learn that some moments are worth savoring. But when the past and present come crashing together, both of them must find the courage to face what is meant to be, even if it means losing each other forever.
A clearing, time-traveling, and romance...

I really liked the protagonist, Amy. She is trying to forget her abusive ex-boyfriend, and she is sad, but still intelligent and wanted more for her life. That's why she goes to live with her great aunt Mae to the country. Everything is easy and simple at her new house, but then she finds this clearing where she feels safe, and one day over there, she met Henry.

Henry is awesome. It's not usual to find a boy so good. Of course, he is from the past. He is good looking, but more important, he respects Amy. But why is he living in the past?

There are a very cute couple, and their romance was really sweet and innocent, but I wanted more of them. I am used to more kissing, but with them everything was different. It's that kind of impossible romance, but still you want them to be together.

It's a slow book, specially the first chapters. But once their romance starts, it becomes faster. The ending is lovely, but left me wanting more. I cried happy tears, and wished it had been longer because I was confused at first. Maybe that's because I don't usually read time travel stories (I think this is my first one), but I thought it was very believable and great for everyone like me who isn't used to read about time-travel.


More about this book at www.heatherdavisbooks.comGoodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment